Investments, financial assets, and restructured finance
Legal solutions for business results.
Spanish financial markets are under major disruption since the traditional banking model is immersed in a deep structural crisis and a particularly adverse situation.
Banks are facing the fragmentation of financial players and a highly reduced market share in the wholesale, corporate and institutional financing markets due to the presence of newcomers, whether institutionalized or not. A very important part of the traditional banking balance and all or most of the deteriorated financial assets are currently being transferred to new financial entities that are not required to meet bank regulations, such as hedge funds, shadow banking, value opportunity funds, insurance companies, or even debt or capital markets.
During these times of crisis and transition, the financial service model is still in its settling phase and, while its definitive position cannot be anticipated, it is thought to be highly diversified and fragmented – the “institutionalized” lawyers that are framed within orthodox regulations have lost their value.
At GARAYAR, we are fully aware of the challenges that such a highly demanding environment puts upon our lawyers, and we are prepared to deliver:
- We do not only understand the market regulations, but also the underlying business.
- Our legal advice is not “descriptive”, but rather factual, and we are fully committed to delivering solutions from day one.
- Our creative solutions are only limited to our clients’ ambitions.
- We provide a comprehensive approach in all relevant legal areas, whether procedural or material.
- We are also willing to take risks, and turn your business success into ours as well.
We are experts in business, not only law.